Nov. 12, 2015
Broken Sword: The Smoking Mirror – Remastered is a stunning update to the multi million-selling original.
While investigating a ruthless drug gang, journalist Nico Collard unexpectedly comes across an ancient artifact. Little can she know that the ornately carved obsidian stone will lead her, and her adventuring companion George Stobbart, into a mysterious escapade of intrigue and deceit - can they overcome powerful forces who will stop at nothing to fulfill their evil ambitions?
Torment and terror, sacrificial rituals, and bloody massacre is unearthed beneath a veil of Mayan mystery. Kidnap, stolen treasure, astronomy, and deadly drug baron are the least of the duo’s worries, as divine forces threaten to annihilate mankind!
Nerve, cunning and guile are essential in order to conquer in this compelling adventure, guaranteed to leave you with an aching brain and a beating heart. Are you up to the challenge?
- Includes an exclusive new interactive digital comic from Watchmen co-creator Dave Gibbons
- Beautiful classically animated sequences and a multitude of highly detailed locations to explore
- Stunning music from world-famous composer, Barrington Pheloung
- Full English, German, French, Italian and Spanish speech and subtitles available, additionally with Russian and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles
The game continues to justify its enduring popularity, thanks to sharp writing, narrative intrigue, quality voiceovers and concise puzzles that challenge but rarely frustrate.
This really was among the cream of the crop of the Golden Age of adventure games in the 90′s, and it’s aged beautifully
10/10 - Easily one of my most highly recommended titles on the platform. Bravo, Revolution. Bravo!
The original edition of The Smoking Mirror is available from GOG.com FREE when you purchase the Remastered version.
News on this game
Apr. 5, 2014
Apr. 1, 2014
Mar. 31, 2014
Cannot purchase Broken Sword II for Sony Xperia Go
Unfortunately we cannot support the Xperia Go model, as it is fundamentally incompatible with Broken Sword 2.
Due to critical issues with the drivers on the device itself, it is incapable of running the game. For this reason we have blocked its purchase from this device, to prevent people from purchasing a product they are unable to use.
Problems with the touch interface (Android/iOS)
- Open the inventory by tapping it once.
- Press down your finger on the item you wish to use, and wait for it to pop above your finger.
- Keep holding your finger down and drag it over the screen to where you wish to use the item (there will be a 'hotspot').
- When your finger is over the hotspot, the item should highlight yellow while still above your finger.
- Let go of the item by lifting your finger from the screen.
You can also use this method to combine two items in your inventory.
Before using this support area be sure to check you are running on or above the recommended system requirements located at the bottom of this page.
Fatal Error: Failed to load MENU text database OBB MD5
This error should be fixed by reinstalling Broken Sword II. Please ensure you move your save games into another folder beforehand so you don't lose your game progress.
Fatal Error – Decompression/Error in interpreter
This issue should be resolved by restarting your device.
This is usually caused when Android runs out of available sound channels. Reboot your device to resolve the issue.
Adding Languages to the game
You can add additional speech language files by downloading extra files from here, and copying them into the install directory on your device.
- English Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File
- French Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File
- German Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File
- Italian Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File
- Spanish Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File
- If you own the ENGLISH version of BSII: /sdcard/Android/data/uk.co.revolution.BSII/files
- If you own the FRENCH version of BSII: /sdcard/Android/data/uk.co.revolution.BSII.fr/files
- If you own the GERMAN version of BSII: /sdcard/Android/data/uk.co.revolution.BSII.de/files
- If you own the ITALIAN version of BSII: /sdcard/Android/data/uk.co.revolution.BSII.it/files
- If you own the SPANISH version of BSII: /sdcard/Android/data/uk.co.revolution.BSII.es/files
Adding Languages to the game
You can add additional speech language files by downloading extra files from here, and copying them into the install directory on your device English Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File French Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File German Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File Italian Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File Spanish Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File Instructions:
- Download the Audio Speech file that you would like to add to the game (please right click on the file above).
- After installing the game on your iOS device, connect the device to your computer and run iTunes.
- In iTunes ensure that you are in the ‘Library’ section (button on top right will display the option to switch to 'iTunes Store'). Click on the button representing you device in the same row.
- The window should now change to show information about your device, with the name of your device on the left of the bar. Select ‘Apps’ button.
- A window showing the Apps in your library should appear. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you should see a ‘File Sharing’ section.
- Click on the game’s icon to list files in the ‘Documents' window.
- Either select ‘Add’ to copy the Audio Speech file through a Finder window, or simply drag the Audio Speech file into the 'Documents' box.
- When the language file has copied across, sync your device, boot up the game and the additional language will be available for you to select from within the game's language menu - under the 'Speech Audio Language' title.
Issues with Creative Labs Sound Cards
Some users may experience audio problems with certain Creative Labs sound cards. Please ensure that you are using the latest compatible driver set for your operating system. If you find that updating your driver set does not help please contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Adding Languages to the game
You can add additional speech language files to the game on PC by downloading extra files from here, and copying them into the install directory. English Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File French Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File German Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File Italian Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File Spanish Audio Speech File - Intro Movie File
Audio issues (Creative Labs Soundcard)
Please ensure that you are using the latest compatible driver set for your operating system. You should enable on-board sound for the game.
How do I get inside the boat without the guard seeing me?
- Wait for the guard to go around the side and then climb on the roof.
- Wait for the guard to go back around the side and then open the cupboard door
- Get back up on the roof
- As soon as the guard enters the cupboard, climb down and jam the door shut with the mop
How do I use the rope with the pulley?
The trick is to use the pallet carrier to raise the statue high enough that the rope can reach the pulley.
What do I with the net and the rock needle?
- In the inventory, use the dart on the reed.
- Use the combined dart and reed with the boar, and then quickly click on the branch.
- The boar will make a secret path to the north. Walk right, and go up the path that the boar was previously blocking.
- Get the creeper that is wrapped around the rock needle. In the inventory, use the sensor with the net.
- Use the combined sensor and net with the creeper.
- Get the creeper with net and marker, and use it on the rock needle.
- Exit this area to the left, and go up the path that the boar made.
I can’t get the net off the boat on Zombie Island! (Android/iOS)
- Tap on the cliff face and interact with it.
- Tap on the rock outcrop and interact with it.
- Tap on the boat and look at it.
- Tap on Rio and ask him for the net.
OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8 • Processor: Pentium or equivalent • Memory: 16 Mb • Graphics: Direct X 5.0 compatible card DirectX®: 5.0 or greater • Hard Drive: 600 Mb • Sound: Direct X compatible card
OS: Leopard 10.5.8, Snow Leopard 10.6.3, or later
Memory: 16 Mb • Graphics: Direct X 5.0 compatible card DirectX®: 5.0 or greater • Hard Drive: 600 Mb • Sound: Direct X compatible card
Minimum Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)